As a local authority school, we are covered by the public sector equality duty in the Equality Act 2010. As part of this, we must show details of how our school is complying with the public sector equality duty. Details of the this, and how as a school we promote equality and diversity, can be found in our Equality Information and Objectives policy below:
Our approach to equality is based on the following key principles:
1. All learners are of equal value.
2. We recognise and respect difference.
3. We foster positive attitudes and relationships and a shared sense of cohesion and belonging.
4. We observe good equalities practice in staff recruitment, retention and development.
5. We aim to reduce and remove inequalities and barriers that already exist.
6. We have the highest expectations of all our children.
Our school values underpin the above principles